Recipe Of The Month - Potato Kumara & Bacon Salad
- 4 Large Potatoes
- 1 Large Kumara
- 500g of bacon rashes
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Spring Onion
- ½ Cup of Aoli and ½ Cup of Mayonnaise or Sour Cream
- Peel and dice potato and kumara into bite size pieces.
- Toss in vegetable oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 200 fan bake for about 20 – 30 minutes
- Allow to cool (overnight in the fridge works best)
- Cook rashes of bacon in frypan and cut into small pieces.
- Thinly slice red onion and spring onion
- Mix potato, kumara, bacon, onion and mayonnaise together
- Garnish with spring onion.
New Zealand’s gender pay gap is unlikely to be going anywhere anytime soon and the impact of earning less over a lifetime has an enormous effect on a woman’s immediate and future financial security. This is compounded by a lower level of workplace participation, a tendency to seek part-time casual work and bear the bulk of caring responsibilities for children and other family members. So how can women bridge the gap? Here are some tips on how to build wealth and make positive steps towards pay equity and financial independence despite and in spite of the hurdles women face.