Recipe Of The Month - Potato Kumara & Bacon Salad
- 4 Large Potatoes
- 1 Large Kumara
- 500g of bacon rashes
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Spring Onion
- ½ Cup of Aoli and ½ Cup of Mayonnaise or Sour Cream
- Peel and dice potato and kumara into bite size pieces.
- Toss in vegetable oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 200 fan bake for about 20 – 30 minutes
- Allow to cool (overnight in the fridge works best)
- Cook rashes of bacon in frypan and cut into small pieces.
- Thinly slice red onion and spring onion
- Mix potato, kumara, bacon, onion and mayonnaise together
- Garnish with spring onion.
In New Zealand, a lot of us rely on the public health system for treatment. Why would we pay for medical insurance when our government can fund treatment for us?
Barbara was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and given only 12 months to live. Chemotherapy was the only treatment available in the public system and she wanted to look for other options.
For many, Christmas creates pressure to bow to consumeristic, materialistic expectations. This can hurt both our pockets and the environment. We've curated a handy list of 10 sustainable gift ideas, some that are low-to-no cost, with a focus on financial and environmental sustainability. And remember, the best present you can give is to be present.