- 14 years industry experience which gives me a great wealth of knowledge to draw from including my involvement with Mortgage Broking, Fire and General Insurance, Investments and Risk Insurance
- Assisting hard-working families who want to protect their future and insure that everything is looked after if they face a serious illness, disablement or death
- Using different insurance structures to make sure affordability is maintained for years to come
- Working with self-employed business owners to assist with ACC structures and reducing their costly levies
- Helping small to medium businesses implement group insurance schemes to help with staff retention
- Working with business owners to establish Co-Shareholder insurance as well as Key Person cover so owners can purchase shares from other shareholders as well as maintain a profitable business in the event that an owner or valuable employee dies or are permanently disabled
I’m an Authorised Financial Advisor with 16 years experience helping individuals and business owners plan to achieve their financial goals. Starting out my working career as a draftsman for 10 years I then moved to self employment as a courier in the Wellington CBD. After 4 successful years I was offered a managerial role to run 65 couriers which I did for 3 years before joining financial advice industry. This experience has given me the back ground to help others through the day to day complexities of dealing with key people in the business, co-shareholders, ACC and making plans for when things go wrong. I see myself as a client relationship manager, partnering up with my clients to help resolve issues to keep on track.
Wellington has always been my home. I enjoy discovering new wines, getting out on the golf course and driving classic cars. We live in a beautiful part of the world and we have some fantastic roads and scenery to match.
I believe it’s very important to have a plan for your future wealth and things you want to achieve or do. It gives us purpose and something to aim for. However nothing is guaranteed in life and I’m passionate to help people make sure there is a back up plan when things go wrong. I like to take the worry away for my clients and become that trusted person that has their back.
Having previously helped people to restructure their mortgages and plan for their retirement I found my real interest was in insurance. Providing that back-up when things go wrong. Assisting a business to survive when something happens to a key person, allowing shareholders to retain ownership, making a sure a family as an income or getting urgent medical attention when needed.
My Three Golden Rules
- Life is short, don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today as you may not get another chance.
- Always have a back up plan, investments, cars or another bottle of red wine.
- Treat people how you want to be treated yourself – my mums rule really!
Consultant and trainer for accountability, integrity and good practice in the NGO sector
Brenden recently sorted out our personal insurances. He gave us options and explained in concise but simple terms what the advantages and disadvantages were with each option and arranged it all promptly and efficiently. My wife and I feel we can trust Brenden to give good honest advice and have introduced him to some of our friends.
General Manager - Vessel Operations
NIWA Vessel Management Ltd
After many years of dealing with another brokerage, Brenden reviewed the complexities of our insurance structure and suggested some excellent changes that reduced our costs and increased our cover in crucial areas. He also helped us minimise our ACC commitments and has given us a clear view of how circumstances change and so should the insurance cover we need.
I've also referred Brenden to several friends and the feedback from them about his professional level of service has justified the referral. In short, he is an expert that knows his field and cares for his clients.
Richard Horne & Rebecca Flowerday
Years in the industry.