- I specialise in providing advice on wealth protection utilising life insurance products
- I tailor and professional advice for both personal and business clients
- I have expertise in compiling company employee benefits, using health and life insurance products, and kiwisaver packages
Background and Experience
When you meet Bourke, you instantly understand why he is respected within the insurance industry. With over 40 years’ experience, which has seen him start at the bottom and work his way up to senior management and later into starting his own advisory. His upbringing and experience have given him a deep-seated belief in the value of life insurance products as a means of providing money when the need is greatest, and this is generally at a time of business or family crisis. He has seen the difference in outcome when insurance has been in place and when it has not been in place. It is his objective to help his clients achieve their goals by offering advice which takes into account individual circumstances.
Outside of work, he is an active board member of the “Monte Cecilia Housing Trust”, a trust that provides housing for needy families within Auckland and “The Spoonless Trust”, a trust that provides funds to school principals who perceive a need to provide food to students who are going without.
Family is also very important and Bourke loves to spend time with his wife Karen and their three grown up children, and enjoys the company of his two grandchildren who make sure he is kept young and fit. He is an enthusiastic sportsman, having played senior rugby and latterly indulging his passion for sailing and golf.
- Authorised Financial Adviser
- New Zealand Diploma of Life Insurance. Insurance Institute of New Zealand, obtained in 1983
- Diploma of Business Studies (Insurance Management). Massey University, obtained in 1994.
- Diploma of Business Studies (Real Estate). Massey University, obtained in 1997
- Practising Certificate, Australia & New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF), obtained in 2005.
- I also have the following qualification relevant to giving investment advice. The National Certificate in Financial Services (Financial Advice) (Level 5), obtained on 28 January,2011
- Fellow of the Australia & New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance
- Member of the NZ AMP Advisers and Adviser Businesses Association (The Association)