- At Lifetime I help businesses and individuals with all their Life, trauma, total disablement, income protection and medical insurances. In simple terms I can make sure on your death or disablement you and your loved ones remain financially secure.
- Being an adviser since 1986 has provided loads of experience especially at claim time.
- For businesses and individuals with exiting insurance I have found that the covers in place bear little resemblance to the insurance required in their situation. In these instances I provide a free review service which recommends appropriate covers to meet those needs.
- The CLU, Chartered Life Underwriter, is an Internationally recognised top qualification for Life Insurance advisers above the current level 5 New Zealand qualification to be an Authorised Financial Adviser. I am one of only two advisers to achieve this qualification ever in Southland.
Two of Mike’s most dominant values are:
- To help other people achieve their goals and solve their problems
- To go the distance, once a task is commenced then he does not give up and gives it his best shot.
Having a passion for sport started at a young age with 2015 being Mikes 50th rugby season, 26 as a player and 24 years as a referee. He is currently refereeing the odd game when Rugby Southland's is short of referees and is part of the referee Development Unit that coaches the current referees. This rugby passion spilled into touch with Mike being a Life Member of Touch Southland, spending many years refereeing coaching and developing referees locally and at the National and International Level with him representing New Zealand at 3 Touch World Cups as a referee and a group leader and on a National Level for 12 consecutive seasons. He is still refereeing at Touch Southland's module.
Mike is married to Beth with them having 5 children and 6 grand children. The values above are a big part of their family life supporting and spending time with their children. They enjoy adventures with two notable one's completed in 2016, "Stump the Hump" which is a 62 kilometers walk on the Hump Ridge track completed in 16 hours, and we went camping in the Australia Outback, Kakado and Litchfield National Parks braving the croc's and snakes. They also enjoy going to sea catching blue cod and oysters as often as possible
Thank you for showing a genuine interest in what I am trying to do, what would fit and not what you can get from me.
Having the same adviser for over 15 years would indicate that you are comfortable with and trusting the advice you are given. So it is with Mike Saunders. I have found Mike to be very approachable and value his sound advice given to me over the years. His friendly manner and "nothing is a problem" attitude are endearing features that make him as much a friend as an adviser.
I am confident that Mike would always give you the best advice.
- David Wohlers