- 14 years industry experience which gives me a great wealth of knowledge to draw from including my involvement with Mortgage Broking, Fire and General Insurance, Investments and Risk Insurance
- Assisting hard-working families who want to protect their future and insure that everything is looked after if they face a serious illness, disablement or death
- Using different insurance structures to make sure affordability is maintained for years to come
- Working with self-employed business owners to assist with ACC structures and reducing their costly levies
- Helping small to medium businesses implement group insurance schemes to help with staff retention
- Working with business owners to establish Co-Shareholder insurance as well as Key Person cover so owners can purchase shares from other shareholders as well as maintain a profitable business in the event that an owner or valuable employee dies or are permanently disabled
Background & Experience
Many, many years ago Brenden left school and worked as a survey and land information draftsman for about 10 years. After this he was a courier driver around the Wellington CBD for 5 years until he was offered the position to run the courier fleet of 55 drivers. All of this gave Brenden the skills & knowledge to understand self-employment (as well as larger businesses) and he now uses this vast experience when assisting others to achieve financial security.
After managing the courier fleet for 4 years, Brenden's own insurance adviser asked him to come on board and help others protect their futures. Right from the start of his career Brenden has always made sure his clients receive the highest level of personalised service and advice. 14 years down the track, Brenden continues to be passionate about what he does and is still as thorough and well-informed as ever.
Brenden is married to Rebecca and they both enjoying traveling and keeping their precious wine cellar well stocked. His hobbies also include collecting classic cars and playing golf. Although he enjoys traveling, Brenden still thinks that New Zealand has some of the best scenery in the world.
Brenden has great pride in making sure his clients are well looked after. This includes during stressful times where policies need to be claimed on. From a medical claim right through to a death claim, Brenden is there to support and guide his clients. Over his career Brenden has witnessed many cases where clients would have been financially destroyed if they didn't have the insurance, protection and advice that he had provided them.
General Manager - Vessel Operations
NIWA Vessel Management Ltd
After many years of dealing with another brokerage, Brenden reviewed the complexities of our insurance structure and suggested some excellent changes that reduced our costs and increased our cover in crucial areas. He also helped us minimise our ACC commitments and has given us a clear view of how circumstances change and so should the insurance cover we need.
I've also referred Brenden to several friends and the feedback from them about his professional level of service has justified the referral. In short, he is an expert that knows his field and cares for his clients.
Richard Horne & Rebecca Flowerday
Years in the industry.